Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Our First Time

There is a first time for everything. The first kiss with your soulmate, buying your first house, holding your newborn for the first time. Well, Marc and I have never done it before, but that's all about to change. This will be our first year to send Christmas cards. Oh, I've always wanted to, but I've never had the motivation, the will, the money...but I can't wait to address those envelopes and adhere a stamp in the upper right corner of the envelope.

On that note, oh my goodness at the selection of cards available!! I'll be using Shutterfly - my absolute favorite photo-keepsake-making website available. I've tried other sites. I've spent time uploading photos, trying to create books, cards, memories - but they all fail me. Never have I ordered anything from another site, because they just don't hold a candle to Shutterfly.

I need your help! Of course I want our first time to be magical! Who doesn't, right? With the plethera of choices available, what's a girl to do? Here's our options:

1) A classic look, 5x5 stationary card. I like this simplistic style, and our photo would fit perfectly. 

2) How stinkin' cute is this one? Picture aside, I love that font on the merry christmas. 

 3) Another awesome font/writing style, and this one can hold more than just one pick. 

 4) Then there's the fold-over card, and I LOVE what this says on the front.
 5) That merry christmas...freaking awesome!
 6) Then there's this little gem. I do love a full bleed card. (Let's pretend that's what you call it when the picture takes up the whole page, k?)





Guys, I didn't even get past page 2 and I've already got 6 cards picked out!!! The selection Shutterfly offers is outstanding. Again I ask, what's a girl to do?! If you wanna see more options for me (cause I know you wanna spend your time picking out MY Christmas cards, right?) you can check out the Christmas cards and holiday cards from Shutterfly.

And stay tuned, cause Carson's birthday is just around the corner, and I'll be checking out these birthday invites from Shutterfly - and I know I'll need your help again! Please comment on this post and let me know what you like best. I'll be using a pic from my previous post, so be sure to check that out as well. Can't wait to read your suggestions!

8 comments:

  1. I am in the same boat! I can't decide between shutterfly and tinyprints (probably my favorite). My choice for you is the first one. I like classic though. Also, I'm not a fan of fold over cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lena, thank you!! Hey if you blog about Shutterfly you get 50 cards free, did you see that on my post? You should definitely use them :) I like the first one too, and I think I'm with you on the fold over cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is #2 shutterfly? If so, which design? Love that one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is Shutterfly, they all are. It's called "Merry Plaid" and you can find it here: http://www.shutterfly.com/cards-stationery/cards-stationery/merry-plaid-christmas-card?sortType=1&storeNode=93496

    ReplyDelete
  5. I choose #2!
    love, sj

    ReplyDelete

Hey! I love hearing from you! :) Thanks for your comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...