A few pet peeves:
- In pictures on facebook, saying "so-and-so and I" - it should be "so-and-so and me." Google it. You'll see.
- Than vs. then - it's really not that hard, is it?
- Want vs. won't - seriously? Do I really have to go there? Apparently I do.
- Improper use of the dash ( - )...I think I use it improperly, but the way I use it makes a heck of a lot more sense than they way I see it done in magazines and books.
- Excessive comma and quotation usage. Oh my, don't even get me started on this one!
- Then there are the ones that everyone hates: they're, there, their; it's, its; who's, whose.
- And the commonly misused words: loose vs. lose; advice vs. advise; accept vs. except; effect vs. affect; sale vs. sell; you get the picture.
I sent Marc a text today in response to him asking what I was doing and said : I'm getting ready to leave u
About 20 minutes after I sent that, I checked to see if he'd responded. Then I re-read my post and it made me laugh out loud. What it should have said was: I'm getting ready to leave. U?
I hope you get at least little smirk from it, cause I got a pretty big laugh! :)