Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Washing Wednesday

I love wearing clean clothes. I love looking at my closet and seeing a full selection of my clothing options (and Carson's too). So why is it that I have never been big on doing laundry? I kid you not when I say that I did laundry MAYBE once every 3-4 weeks. And in between, if needed I'd do some whites for Marc. When Carson came along, I started out doing his a lot more often. He gets clean clothes all the time. Us? We can wait. So having a day dedicated to washing clothes will be a nice change of pace.

Admittedly, this day has been somewhat of a challenge. On one hand, I really don't mind laundry, but it's just so easy to put off. On the other I just got "caught up" on my laundry last week...so it doesn't feel like a laundry day. Know what I mean? (Of course not, because most normal people do laundry more regularly, like - weekly. Or, dare I say, DAILY?! But alas, there IS laundry in the laundry room, and lots of it, even though I did it last week. And I am committed to "working as unto the Lord" in serving my husband, my child and my home.) *Colossians 3:23-24

Another challenge in today is that I made a cake for a dear friend who's precious little one is having her first birthday tomorrow. AND the DirecTV guy came out to hook up our new service and was here from 9-1. Yes, I said 9-1!! So those things and taking care of Carson have kept me very busy. But thankfully, that is all taken care of. Time to start the laundry! :)

Oh, and have I mentioned how much I love having a clean house?! When SJ came over today, she couldn't get over how much better it looked. She even accused me of hanging a new mirror in the hallway - "but that mirror has been there forever, as long as we have," I countered - and then it hit me...she's never been allowed in the back of the house because it's always so dirty! And I confess that I did not take adequate "before" pictures; NOT because I didn't want anyone to SEE how dirty my house was, but because I didn't see how dirty my house was! So it didn't occur to me to take a picture of that counter or those piles. !!

2 comments:

  1. Laundry is a tough one for me. I am another one of those who will go several weeks without washing clothes. That works fine for me because I have enough clothes to last me that long but the boys do no so it doesn't work for them. Chris and I are still trying to figure out the best way to make this work. For a while, he did his while I did everything else. Then I decided I would do all the laundry on Saturdays. That worked alright except everyone's clothes were getting washed but mine. We are still having issues with it and trying to figure it out. Still seems that mine is the last to get done and once it is done it takes forever for me to get it put up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Julie!! How are you doing? I know, laundry is a beast...hopefully this new all out cleaning schedule with a day dedicated to laundry alone will help keep me on track. :) I love your blog, by the way. Every once in a while I'll sit down and read it until I'm caught up since the last time I read. Haha...that's how I follow blogs.

    ReplyDelete

Hey! I love hearing from you! :) Thanks for your comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...