Tuesday, January 25, 2011

M-I-A

Well, it has been a while since my last post, sorry for being MIA. I have been working on several projects in my spare time - from getting ready for Carson's first birthday, to craft projects, to organizing closets, to lots and lots of reading. On that note, I have fallen slightly behind in my daily Bible reading and could use some accountability.

Last night, I snuck into Carson's room while he was sleeping, picked him up and snuggled him for a bit. I realize this is a big no-no in all the books, but my baby's growing up! Cut a girl some slack! As he lay (laid? lie?) sleeping, stretched across my body, with his head nuzzled into my neck, breath slow and steady on my chest, legs dangling off my lap, weighing just enough to put a bit of pressure on me, I realized that he's not really a baby anymore. I have had a hard time finding the line between infant, baby, and toddler - and soon enough pre-schooler. I don't know if it's an age that separates the categories, or if it's an ability (e.g. crawling, cruising, walking, talking, eating finger foods, etc.), but I guess I'm claiming toddler.

Just a day shy of his 11 month birthday, we are quickly approaching the big "1"! I have done my best to soak in every day of Carson's first year of life: drinking in his sweet baby smell, cherishing his chubby cheeks, savoring his delicious sugars (he gives the best open-mouth kiss you ever did get), caressing his soft skin. It's hard to believe this little boy that now stretches across my body used to curl up into a little ball on my chest:

Granted he was big from the get-go, 10 lbs and 12 oz to be exact, so I felt as though I birthed a 3-month-old. This is my sweet love on his first week home from the hospital. We were both worn out, and I snuggled him every single second that I could.

And now, my big boy - I love this child so much and can't wait to see what life has in store for our little family. I couldn't be more thankful for such an awesome child and husband...and watching Carson grow has been my greatest joy this year!

2 comments:

  1. oh elizabeth, this one made me cry! of course, i am dealing with the same thing! i cannot believe it has almost been a year since this beautiful little girl came into my life. this year has been such a joy for me and i dont want it to be gone so fast!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! There is absolutely no honor or joy on earth like being somebody's momma. I hear from the elders that we are wise to savor these moments! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey! I love hearing from you! :) Thanks for your comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...