I have (sporadically) attended a Bible study for SAHMs in Fairhope with Rachel. Last year we studied The Virtuous Woman and this year we will be reading through the Bible in 120 days together. It sounds like a boatload of reading, but...really? Is 30 minutes a day really all that much? That is totally doable. So who's with me? Will you accept this challenge? Whether you've read it before or not; whether you know Jesus as your Savior or not; just take a little time to read a non-fiction novel and see what happens. I am expecting change.
Tonight was the first night of the challenge and Marc and I read the first 16 chapters of Genesis together. That's good stuff, folks. A couple of observations:
- What an awesome Lifetime movie the story of Cain and Able would make.
- People were meant to be vegetarians until sin came about. Who knew? (And naked, but I already knew that...and that, friends, is a subject for another day, another time.)
- Noah spent like a whole year on the ark! Woah! I mean, you always hear that it rained for 40 days and nights. Can you imagine? I hope he built a bathroom on that thing. With a shower and jacuzzi. Right?
- There is a whole lot of name dropping in Genesis.
- So many long, drawn out, run-on sentences are found in this chapter, it's not even funny. Especially 2:4b-7.
Here's the schedule: (click on it to enlarge)