Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Chapstick Obsession

Those who know me know that I have a major obsession with chapstick. Not just any chapstick, Burt's Bees. I don't leave home without it...and if by chance I do, I stop and buy some more. I keep at least 5 sticks at a time - one for my purse, one for the diaper bag, one beside my bed, one in the living room, and the last one is a floater. Always gotta have a floater. Cause sometimes,

:: this happens ::


Yep, that bad boy floater got left in a pair of shorts and run through the washer and dryer. It never stood a chance. 

But never fear, because I have one of these ::


This little gem was given to me in a Burt's Bees gift set several years ago from my best friend Paige. Does she know me, or what? There were 4 or 5 sticks and this little handy dandy tin of balm in the gift set. Once all the balm ran out, I saved the tin to remind myself to buy another one of those because I really love having that at my bedside at night. Not sure why I prefer the tin at night and the stick by day, but I do. Go figure. 

Back to the point, one day the dryer mishap (or perhaps chapstick was left in a sweltering car or on top of the toaster oven, whatever the case may be) ruined a completely good tube of chapstick.  So this is what I did ::


And I've been doing that ever since. Pre-tin days would have ended in tears upon the discovery of a ruined stick of Burt's Bees. (Seriously folks, I told you I was obsessed...plus, that junk ain't cheap!) But now, I don't fret over it for one minute. I simply use a toothpick to transfer the balm from one place to the other. 

If you're REALLY crafty, you could set this tin of balm on top of the toaster oven (mine gets really hot and would melt it) or in a steamy hot car on a summer day to let the lip balm melt again and smooth out. I just let my finger do the trick. But please don't put it in the microwave!

Now go forth and save your chapstick from immanent peril! Just kidding. But do keep this trick in your back pocket for your next chapstick blunder. Happens to me all the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! I love hearing from you! :) Thanks for your comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...