Saturday, May 25, 2013

It's been a long time...


I shouldn't have left you
Without a dope beat to step to
Step to, step to, step to
Step to, step to

Timbaland bringin' it back. 

It has been over a year since I've posted here. In that year, we added a little girl to the Mahan clan. She brought the drama (just like her mama)...so I've been busier than usual. Or maybe more tired than usual. Regardless, blogging was the furthest thing from my mind. 

Let's see if I can recap the year. Carson is growing, growing, growing. I think my last post was about potty training, so to fill you in, after that post he was pretty much potty trained. It took him a couple of weeks to get out of his pull up at night, but potty training him was such a breeze! 

He started a Mom's Day Out school, and has made great friends and he absolutely adores his teacher! I've enjoyed the break a couple of days a week, and the special time with Chelsey. Carson talks up a storm, and prefaces almost every sentence with the name of the person to whom he's speaking. "Mama, did you see that? Mama, it was a lizard. Mama, he was green. Mama, he was super fast. Mama, I can run fast like that. Mama, watch me! Mama... Mama... Mama..." See what I mean?! He is so smart and I am loving all the fun little things he says. I think all mama's think their babies are smart, don't you?

 I'm so proud of the little independent boy he's becoming. He can get himself dressed, brush his own teeth, go potty all by himself, plus he helps me make his "peesut sandwich" as he calls it. (Peanut butter and Jelly). He is very polite, and uses his pleases and thank you's...sometimes he needs some encouragement with that, but I can tell he's catching on. His favorite songs are God's Not Dead by the Newsboys, and 10,000 Reasons (Bless the Lord) by Matt Redmon. But I must admit, he loves - and so often requests - Ice, Ice Baby, Home by Phil Phillips, and We Are Young by FUN. What can I say, the boy loves music! He wants to play guitar and piano and drums. 

He adores his sister and is such a good big brother. I'm thankful because my brother and I always hated each other growing up! Carson gets so concerned if Chelsey starts crying. Sometimes in the car he will sing Jesus Loves Me or Twinkle Twinkle Little Star to her if she cries. It always calms her, and I love to look back and see them holding hands. The only time I really see any jealousy is over grandparents or if we get in a big crowd and people dote over her, simply because she's a baby. 


Okay, that's a lot about Carson. And I'm certain I've missed so much. Update on Chelsey tomorrow. I'll leave you with this: once, I asked Carson, "Baby what is mommy gonna do? You're getting so big! I'm going to blink and you'll be grown!" And he said to me, "Mama, you're not blinking,  you're eyes are wide open." Oh, if he had only known how wise his little words sounded, and how much I truly hope my eyes are wide open! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! I love hearing from you! :) Thanks for your comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...